Apple has introduced images in iPad images on iOS 9. Since then, users have been trying to reach the iPhone. With iOS 14, Apple finally gave us its wishes. PIP comes with an iPhone and works almost exactly like an iPad. Lets learn how to use iPhone pictures in iOS 14.
However, the application must include functionality support. During the initial beta period, you can use any TV application or video streaming on Safari, but popular applications such as Netflix and YouTube have not implemented PIP support. This will likely change when iOS 14 is released in the fall.
How to use picture in picture
To start watching videos in PIP mode, just tap the PIP icon in the upper left corner. You must use an application that supports PIP video, e.g. B. TV or Safari application.
- Video is reduced in size at an angle. Tap to see simple controls. Double tap to change video size: small, medium or large.
- To switch to PIP mode, tap the PIP button in the upper left of full screen mode.
- If you want to expand the video back to full screen, tap the PIP mode button at the top right of the PIP video box.
- If you want to close the PIP video completely, tap the close button at the top left of the PIP video box.
- Touch the button in the upper right corner to switch PIP videos to full screen mode.
- You can drag PIP videos to any angle from your iPhone screen. With large dimensions, it takes the entire width (in portrait format) and can be easily moved up or down.
- If you want to hide the video but want to keep the audio, just swipe from the edge of the screen. You will see a small area where the video is hidden from the screen. You can drag the tab up or down to delete it from any application you are using, and swipe back to restore the video.
- Drag a video from the screen to turn it into a small tab and drag it back to restore it.
- Use PIP in FaceTime calls
- Making a call in FaceTime in PIP mode is slightly different from other videos. There is no clear PIP mode button.
- Simply exit your FaceTime calling page without closing it and it will automatically switch to PIP mode.
- Instead, simply exit the FaceTime application – swipe up to return to the home screen, or swipe right below to go to the previous application. If you do this on an earlier iOS version, your conversation will continue without appearing. However, on iOS 14, your calls are automatically reduced in the PIP window.
How to see YouTube on PIP
Until YouTube releases the picture-in-picture version of the application, you need to use Safari.
Open the YouTube Safari website and start playing videos. Then tap the small box in the corner of the video to enter full screen mode.
You will then see the PIP button on the top left or you can simply swipe up to return to the home screen.